Queens, NY Group Health Insurance & Employee Benefit Plans

Queens, NY Group Health Insurance & Employee Benefit Plans

Frequently Asked Questions about Health Insurance Plans

Here are some answers to common concerns about health insurance plans in Queens, New York.

In Queens, How Much Do Large Group Health Insurance Plans Cost on Average?

The cost of a large group health insurance plan in Queens is determined by the insurer and the coverage offered. Large group health insurance plans can cost more than $6000 per employee per year, with employers covering more than 80% of the costs. Employers may be required to pay more than 60% of the premiums for family coverage, which costs around $17000. Employer health insurance costs are determined by the percentage of premiums they must pay.

What Small Business Group Health Insurance Providers are in Queens, New York?

Small group health insurance can be beneficial to both employers and employees as they need to have at most fifty full-time employees and a minimum of one. Because the group health insurance market in Queens is so competitive, companies must sift through it to find one that fits their budget and objectives. Some of Queens’s most popular group health insurance providers include Kaiser Permanente, Oxford Health Plan, Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield, Humana, and UnitedHealthcare.

What Benefits do Employers Offer in Queens, New York?

A business owner may provide a variety of benefits to their employees, some of which are mandatory and others that are optional. As a result, the benefits provided are determined by the company. Health insurance, paid sick leave, unemployment insurance, workers’ compensation insurance, and Medicare and social security contributions are all examples of mandatory benefits that employees can expect to be included in their benefits package. Gym memberships, pet insurance, childcare, permanent life insurance, home insurance, and car insurance are all examples of voluntary employee benefits.

How Much Are Your Employee Benefits Worth?

Employee benefits, while necessary, can be costly to an employer. The benefits that an employer chooses to offer determine the value of an employee benefits package. For example, an employee package that includes pet insurance, dental insurance, and gym membership in addition to the mandatory benefits will be more valuable than one that only includes the mandatory benefits. Employees who work for $30 per hour, on the other hand, make up about 69 percent of the total. Their benefits, on the other hand, account for the remaining 31%, implying that an employee benefit is typically 1.25 to 1.4 times the base salary.

Dial 800-903-6066 and get free consultation on Queens, NY Group Health Insurance & Employee Benefit Plans

Written by Todd Taylor

Todd Taylor

Todd Taylor oversees most of the marketing and client administration for the agency with help of an incredible team. Todd is a seasoned benefits insurance broker with over 35 years of industry experience. As the Founder and CEO of Taylor Benefits Insurance Agency, Inc., he provides strategic consultations and high-quality support to ensure his clients’ competitive position in the market.

We’re ready to help! Call today: 800-903-6066